CBD Raw Pesto:
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Royal CBD 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- A pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For the pesto: rinse off the leafy greens under cold water and place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend until the pesto becomes a smooth sauce.
- Scoop the pesto sauce with a spoon and transfer it to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- For the shrimp pasta: in a large pot, boil water over medium heat and add the uncooked penne pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Grab a large saucepan and heat butter along with olive oil over medium heat until fully melted.
- Dip both sides of the shrimp in the previously ground red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper before adding them to the pan. Once added, squeeze in the lemon juice and cook until the shrimp turns pink on each side.
- Wash the asparagus and cut into 2-inch blocks. Add the asparagus to the pasta for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Once your shrimp have been thoroughly cooked, add the pasta and asparagus to the pan. Saute for about a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix in 6–8 tablespoons of pesto. Add cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and top the meal with shaved Parmesan cheese.
* By: The Herb Somm